Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Great Escape - a little game

Last year I made a little FFXI-themed game as present to Lina. It was in Finnish and just a silly little game, but now I've translated it into English anyway.



Instructions for downloading and installing

Follow the link to the site where the game is uploaded.

Link (File Dropper, updated 4.8.10)

If the link doesn't work (it will expire after a while since this isn't exactly a popular file) or if you'd like to get the game for different OS, leave a comment or /tell me in FFXI.

Among the ads there you should find a button for downloading the file. You'll need to give the number from a picture... sorry, bots, no game for you! (I know, it's a bit complicated, but it's free.)

After you've downloaded the Great_escape.exe to your computer, run it to unpack the game. A folder will come out, and inside is the icon for starting the game.

The version I have up now is for Windows, but I have it also for Mac and Linux, so leave a comment if you want me to add a link to either of those versions.

Instructions for gameplay

This is a point-and-click mystery for you to solve. There's not much to say about the controls, you'll just use the mouse to play.

One hint that comes to mind is that sometimes when there's text on the screen, the next click will make it disappear - and nothing more. So if you click A first and get some text ("This looks like A and what do you know, it is A.") and then click on B, you won't get the description of B - the text for A just disappears. Just click B again. If still nothing happens, then the game has nothing to say about B.

If you have any problems, tell me about in in FFXI or leave a comment, so I can fix it.

I made the game with Ren'Py, in case you're interested. (renpy.org) The pictures are from FFXI (Square Enix) and "music" by me.

I hope you like the game~
Please leave some comments if you play it (whether you like it or not).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt eat them, meow. I [escape]d. >^.^<

Anonymous said...

Awesome job Pasifika, really pretty looking game and funny too, very veryyyyyyy good work!

MORE PEOPLE DOWNLOAD!!!! COME ON!

:D

Ntfc/cobb